Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

How to be successful in life?

Have you heard of the song “I Believe I Can Fly”? What is the message of the song for you? Which line catches you more? Is it true that you can really fly? And how about the essence of this very popular commercial line, “What you mind can conceive, your body can achieve”? Some say that magic is only an illusion but because of mind conditioning the act appears to be realistic, meaning there is power in the human mind that can defy even the law of nature, and therefore there is nothing impossible man cannot do as long as his mind can conceive of doing it. My college philosophy professor once said, “To know the end is almost to have found the way, and to have the impulse to know the way is almost to have reached the end.”

I remember one time; the late Mayor Benigno Gubatan of Mangaldan, Pangasinan related his story how powerful the mind is. According to him, he was on an official trip attending an international convention somewhere outside the country. It's in South Korea if I'm not mistaken. The honorable mayor and his wife were there among the Philippines delagates invited to that convention. “There were thousands of us occupying the whole convention hall”, the mayor related. "At the middle of the conference there came a young lady to the center of the hall on a wheelchair. She was paralyzed for quite a long time", the mayor continued. The audience knew for sure the story of that young lady as her story was told as an introductory. "The purpose why she was invited was to demonstrate how powerful the mind is. While the young lady was sitting on stage the moderator then asked her to stand up, and thence enjoined everyone to cheer for her. So, everybody stood up; we were cheering and clapping in a beat and we were in one mind helping the lady to walk. And while mentioning the lady’s name we’re all in unison chanting, 'You can do it! You can do it!' The chanting went on and went on until the echo reverberates in the entire convention hall. In no time, the young lady stood up from her wheelchair and walked. Everyone was astouned and cheered for joy. Truly! The young lady walked and left her wheelchair behind."

This is just one of the examples how powerful the mind is. And it is already a testimony by many that there is nothing impossible only if you have faith in yourself; of the things you can think and do. Even the Lord Christ once said, in Matthew 17:20, “If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.”

Henceforth, there is a scriptural reference to that effect. And so, when I asked myself, “is there a way I can be rich?” Or, “is there a way I can reach my dreams and be successful in life?” The answer was simply, Yes! If that is so, how can I be rich then? How can I be successful in life? Then I started dissecting my own query and I came out with something not new but something that can boost my inner-self.

The answer has to be a process, a procedure or steps. If it is a process or a procedure, it must be in succession, from the first to the last steps, and therefore, it is possible to achieve. So, I made a list of the things I suppose to do and arranged them according to their succession in the process as I perceived them in my mind, then I have these steps or things to do:
a. Plan and simplify my goals one by one, from simple to great goals. Simple plans
have simple steps of achieving them, while great plans need great steps to do so.
b. Outline my available assets and skills. Set my specific assets and skills for
particular goal or goals.
c. Put a time frame for each goal to achieve and be consistent in following my goals
by having the determinations in achieving them.
d. Start with my steps as soon as possible. The earlier to start the plan, the earlier to
achieve them.
e. Always have a possitive attitude and constructive approach and be ready for
alternative plans for every failure in my steps.
f. Never take a move detrimental to others.
g. Pray for the realization of my goals with noble purposes.

If I believe I can do it, then I must believe, “I can do it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment